browser virus: is it a serious threat?
This hijacker is injected by a browser extension called Your Movies Now on Google Chrome and Movies on Firefox, while on Internet Explorer it does not appear in the extensions list because it works as an application. It is installed to computers together with various applications that you can download from the Internet. Typically, such programs record information about people’s mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them, their computers’ IP address or location, users’ email address information and similar data. These redirection are caused by a toolbar. If you do not want your browsing ruined by constant popping redirects and commercial offers, remove browser virus right away.
Probably we will not surprise you by saying that security experts categorize browser as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Based on the information available at browser.com, you can “access and manage your digital assets, anytime, anywhere, on any device.” These days you can set your browser to remember your password, but in case you do not want to keep such information within your browser, browser offers you a more convenient and perhaps safer option. This method is still called ‘unfair’ because user is hardly notified that, instead of downloading one application, he will install two or three different apps. As soon as you see a check box, which claims:
How does browser hijack computers? How can a program be installed without your consent?
While the most of people think that browser hijackers are harmless, security researchers recommend avoiding browser virus and similar PUPs because they can cause lots of different issues on the affected PC system. Don’t forget to remove all suspicious registries and other potentially unwanted programs if you find them on your PC as well. Such information is collected to get the view of what interests users and what their online behavior is like. However, users might get redirected to malicious websites and also waste their time instead of visiting websites listed in reliable search results. There is a chance that you could end up on sites that are crafted in a way to infect your computer. Most importantly make sure to install a professional antimalware tool as such a tool is your best bet to keep your computer safe and secure at all times.
Before going down to the removal, we should also discuss the distribution methods and main infection symptoms. You do not need to be experienced to successfully browser from your operating system. There is another way to get rid of browser too if you are willing to install a trustworthy security tool. Not to mention, the search results you may get after going through the web search via this engine might be questionable, too. Nevertheless, collecting this information is not illegal as many search engines and some websites collect the same information excluding the browsing history and search queries if it is not a search engine. Some developers of the hijackers tend to hide their applications These additional programs are normally described as ‘recommended downloads’ and can be installed alongside your selected program in case you choose to install the software in Default or Standard installation mode.
What should I do if this suspicious website has already appeared on my browser’s main page?
If you have faced some difficulties during the removal, feel free to ask us for help in the comments section below. Don’t forget to upgrade your security tool to its newest version before running a full system scan. Also choose a Custom installation mode and follow the installation steps carefully. Always deselect options that include little known or unknown tools. You should always go for Custom installation and check every step before clicking “Next”, “Agree” or “Accept” buttons. Usually you will have to deselect some options that come preselected. However, if you decided to remove this browser hijacker manually, look at the browser removal guide below.
Manual browser Removal Instructions.
Delete browser related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall browser.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove browser.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall browser.
Delete browser from your browsers
Remove browser from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove browser from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove browser from Google ChromeDownload Removal Toolto remove browser
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.