What is Burst Search and why does it links its users to unreliable websites?
As the title of the virus suggests, Burst Search is a search engine. In most of the cases, this questionable Russian page starts bothering PC users after downloading a suspicious free program that was installed on the system without checking what is hiding inside it. In most cases, the hijacker will alter your web browser’s default settings, making your online experience far worse than you might think. Then it keeps redirecting you to Burst Search website where Internet Security 2010 application is promoted. In fact, subtle advertising is this fake search engine’s primary objective as it makes money for its developers.
We highly do not recommend using this browser plug-in because it may be reused by various cyber criminals and include malicious links as well. The advertisements to which you are exposed do not belong to Burst Search and it does not take responsibility for your interaction with the different advertisement that you are provided with. To avoid additional downloads, you should pay more attention to the installation processes. Therefore, it is important to read the information on the setup wizard and deselect programs that you do not trust. The truth is that this search tool does not work as you expect it, and, instead of showing the results you might be waiting for, it performs redirecting to Yahoo Search.
“I have no idea how did Burst Search hijack my computer! I did not ask for it, nor it was offered to me. Could you please explain how does this search spread?”
Many users cannot understand why they see a new search tool set when they have not agreed with the changes. Thus, it means that it makes use of the same distribution methods, too. Moreover, Burst Search browser hijacker can automatically reroute you to sponsored domains. You can do it in four quick and simple steps. that have This is the way to get only the preferred software with no bonus apps included. It is very popular, and the victims of Burst Search are likely to continue browsing the web if they are redirected to Google rather than some unknown search provider. Among this gathered material, personal information might also be a thing that is a high priority for their collection.
Another thing worthy of mention is the fact that this browser hijacker may collect information about you. Then, you might guess how Burst Search hijack occurred. You will not have to worry about Trojans, adware programs similar to Burst Search, worms, or keyloggers because the recommended application will easily fight them off. The search engine redirects them to Sogou.com, which is a popular search provider in China. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful. It means that any free app can include Burst Search PUP in its installer.
How to remove Burst Search Toolbar?
This Burst Search browser extension waits for its moment to shine. Both of these removal techniques are good, but the manual removal guide helps to fix this particular computer issue while the automatic method helps to maintain a proper balance of your computer security status for a long time. You may also experience slowed down work of your computer due to this application. Numerous file-sharing sites provide links to download programs with no cost at all. These two options provide a list of suggestions to install ‘recommended applications,’ and this list usually includes several PUPs.Download Removal Toolto remove Burst Search
Manual Burst Search Removal Instructions.
Delete Burst Search related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Burst Search.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Burst Search.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Burst Search.
Delete Burst Search from your browsers
Remove Burst Search from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Burst Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Burst Search from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.