How serious is the Home.specialtab.com virus?
Home.specialtab.com is a browser hijacker, which is closely related to Smart Web Search. or In fact, this browser hijacker comes from an infamous family that has given us dozens of useless and potentially unreliable search pages, including Search.searchiswt.com, Search.sp-cmf.com, and Search.searchbuscar.com. Has it corrupted your default browser, and your homepage and/or default search provider were modified without your permission? We are positive that the objective of this hijacker and its accompanying program is to generate advertising revenue because from a practical point of view both of them are next to useless. The problem is that you cannot trust this browser hijacker because it may introduce you to potentially unreliable search results. Our malware researchers classify the suspicious search tool as a browser hijacker, and if it has taken over your browsers illegally, you must realize that it requires removal.
Home.specialtab.com page is developed by Born To Be Net Consulting S.L. This company has already released the following browser hijackers: The majority of PC users tend to rush through the installation process carelessly, and that’s why they end up with several computer parasites in their system. Although the search tool is the only thing that the extension represents, most users install it thinking that it will offer a different kind of service. You won’t be able to get rid of this pest even if you rearrange your browsers’ preferences back to your liking. Please, do NOT ignore its redirects because you may be redirected to suspicious or even hacked pages that are used just to spread viruses.
How to know if i’m infected?
Another possibility for you to end up with this browser hijacker is to drop a freeware bundle onto your machine. It has been found out that quickly that Home.specialtab.com does that too even though it is stated at the beginning that “Polarity does not, generally, track or maintain personally identifiable information about consumers that use our Services.” Well, technically, it records only search queries, but if users enter personal details in a search box, e.g. If this site has appeared on your machine out of nowhere, you should immediately run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware because it may be infected with browser hijacker. Therefore, you are going to receive its search results when you type some search terms in browser‘s URL bar.
If you want to remove Home.specialtab.com from your computer safely and effectively, you should use reliable antivirus tools to assist you. According to our researchers, the easiest way to get rid of this hijacker is to reset browser. The most common feature of browser hijackers is the tendency to hijack people’s browsers and modify their default settings. This hijacker does not even provide you with any interesting easy-access links. This is critical as you need to delete every single bit associated with Home.specialtab.com in order to surf the web the way you are used to once again.
How to get rid of Home.specialtab.com virus
If you have installed Home.specialtab.com hijacker already and now you are racking your brains trying to figure out how to remove it, do not worry. In fact, this search engine redirects you to a customized Google results page, cse.google.ru, where you could also be exposed to risky content since this infection may manipulate the results by inserting third-party ads and sponsored links that might come from uncontrolled and unreliable sources, such as cyber criminals. We can help you by providing helpful guidelines for a manual removal (steps can be found below). Follow the constructed guidelines below to complete such task yourself. A free guide to a manual removal, for a true DIY kind of person, can be found below.
Manual Home.specialtab.com Removal Instructions.
Delete Home.specialtab.com related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Home.specialtab.com.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Home.specialtab.com.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Home.specialtab.com.
Delete Home.specialtab.com from your browsers
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Home.specialtab.com from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.