What is Scarab]?
If you have noticed a dubious ransom message within your web browser, it is likely that your PC is running a ransomware application. This Trojan is a sign of InternetAntivirus infection on your system. We have found that this malware infection could be a new variant of Yyto Ransomware, which surfaced in May, 2017, about half a year ago. In this short description, we will cover the most important aspects of this ransomware that include function, distribution, and removal. computer. Scarab automatically runs on every Windows startup. To find out more about it, please read this article. It is not very dangerous itself, but the malwares downloaded by this trojan may cause much damage.
Now, why are we so sure that this program could encrypt something? is capable to affect almost every Windows system, like Windows Vista, Windows XP, and may be downloaded on to the computer by other threats such as Backdoor.TidservTrojan.VundoW32.WaledacW32.Virut. This spam may have an attachment you are led to believe that you have to urgently open. More than that, the infection could also change the file’s name into a random title from 32 characters, for example, 0AE2C47210495B46345CAE8D130F3F8E.0000. Needless to say, that is not how this malware should work.
How can you avoid this trojan infecting your computer?
Furthermore, according to the note, Scarab enciphers user’s data with AES-256 and SHA-256 encryption algorithms. It means that users download and install this program themselves, although they are not aware of that. Scarab was configured to use the AES-256 encryption key with a 256-bit key size and 128-bit block size. During the encryption, Scarab leaves the original filename intact, adding yet another extension to it. Now, if you pay the ransom, you will have to do so using a virtual Bitcoin Wallet, and transactions made using this method cannot be revoked. What is more, crypto-threats might be available on P2P websites.
If user downloads the file and unzips it, he finds a PDF file inside it. Not a substantial amount of money for most, but we do not recommend that you pay it even if you have the means because you might never receive the decryption key. This could have unwanted outcomes since traces of this malware could be used to restore it. It simply uses scare tactics to frighten you enough so that you would pay the ransom fee. For instance, computer games or programs that might need a lot of resources to run themselves could crash or freeze. Needless, to say, that sum of money that may be demanded of you is pretty large, so your files may not be worth this kind of money.
3. Using Bootable CDs to delete Scarab
Manual ransomware removal is very challenging. This ransomware is set to create a registry key at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run that autostarts this ransomware on system boot up. Of course, removing this ransomware is extremely important, and you need to do it as soon as you can. You are asked to send an e-mail to Scarabcheg@аоl.com with the given unique ID and you are also prompted to visit filesencoded.com for further information. It is up to you how to plan to Scarab. If you are not an experienced user, we do not advise you to look for such a tool on the web in order not to infect your system with rogue tools.Download Removal Toolto remove Scarab
Manual Scarab Removal Instructions.
Delete Scarab related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Scarab.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Scarab.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Scarab.
Delete Scarab from your browsers
Remove Scarab from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Scarab from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Scarab from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.