WHY MY SEARCHES ARE REDIRECTED TO WatchMyTVShows or other site?
If you have not encountered a browser hijacker in the past, you might be completely confused as to why WatchMyTVShows (also known as WatchMyTVShows Virus) replaces your normal homepage or default search provider tools. If you have been suffering from non-stoppable redirects to this search page and other issues, you should think what freeware have you just installed on your computer because it might be that you have allowed WatchMyTVShows infiltration without even realizing that. WatchMyTVShows secretly installs itself with a help of Trojans and starts paralyzing normal functioning of the web browser. In this article we will explain how you cab get your computer infected with this program, what is the goal of it and how to get rid of it. In our opinion, it would be better to get rid of WatchMyTVShows because search engines that make changes without permission are untrustworthy in most cases. In reality, Imali Media strikes again like lightning with fake search engine.
Most of the time, WatchMyTVShows adware is installed with FoxLingo Firefox add-on. We have found that this particular browser hijacker is designed to replace the homepage address of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. We did not witness this infection corrupting browsers silently; Before you do that, find out why it is better to eliminate this search engine. Since lot of users choose a Quick installation instead of a Custom one, many of them allow WatchMyTVShows infiltration without their consent. That’s the easiest way to find all related programs and their computers In order to avoid this happening, you need to inspect every single program that you are going to install.
How did WatchMyTVShows get into my computer?
As far as dissemination methods are concerned, we have found that FunTVTabPlus is currently being hosted on a dedicated distribution website at www.tips2-remove.com/download. Generated results to search queries will feature sponsored links that would not be brought to you by a credible search engine. It is a tricky and shady way to market potentially unwanted programs. Have you been redirected to it via some random ad or pop-up? Unfortunately, these installation settings do not allow you to see if the software does not offer any bonus applications; Chrome users will face Search.myway.com/MyWay Search.
Beware that WatchMyTVShows can easily redirect you to potentially dangerous websites. in the Default settings, simply hitting the Next button all the way during the installation procedure. “Programs and Features” or “Add or Remove Programs”. As a result of this, the add-ons which often disguise unwanted applications, such as adware and browser hijackers, successfully infiltrate the system. It has been found that it’s specifically targeting personally non-identifiable information, including software/hardware information, download/upload details, browser’s type, search queries, pages viewed, approximate PC’s location, IP address, and so on. You can remove any unwanted applications with an anti-spyware program.Download Removal Toolto remove WatchMyTVShows
What is the easiest way to dispose of this browser hijacker?
Given the described risks we do not think it would be wise to continue keeping this browser hijacker on your browser. Of course, WatchMyTVShows is very far from a serious computer infection, but you should leave out any single program that could pose potential security issues. Other threats might also be installed alongside, so it is a must to scan the system with a reputable tool after you delete WatchMyTVShows browser hijacker fully. The anti-malware software will ensure that all the related data is deleted, and no backdoors are left. Never agree to change your homepage and/or search provider to unknown pages. Opt for “Custom” settings and then watch for any unwanted programs.
Manual WatchMyTVShows Removal Instructions.
Delete WatchMyTVShows related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall WatchMyTVShows.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove WatchMyTVShows.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall WatchMyTVShows.
Delete WatchMyTVShows from your browsers
Remove WatchMyTVShows from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove WatchMyTVShows from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove WatchMyTVShows from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.