Easy Email Check hijacks Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Why?
Easy Email Check extension replaces your start page, new tab page and search provider with Easy Email Check. However, this is not the case and developers somehow seemed to have missed a couple of English lessons. Because this engine does not have an official installer, its distribution is quite mysterious. Even if at first sight this search engine looks normal, however, it is not useful at all. Please, don’t fall into thinking that this is an ordinary search engine, which can be used in your daily life. So, let us begin. In addition, this program may also start tracking you during your web browsing because it travels around in one pack with cookies.
Besides, Easy Email Check browser hijacker may also start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect your search terms, ads and get altered search results that are filled with tons of sponsored links. It tends to come back after you restart your system. Manual removal guide of Easy Email Check is provided below this article. Searchmwio extension is supposed to alter your browser’s settings – it replaces a homepage address and a default new tab page with Easy Email Check, which appears to be a web search engine. Speaking of this current PUP, the most prevalent feature is Easy Email Check redirect.
How does this hijacker work?
After downloading the extension your browser’s homepage address will automatically be changed to Easy Email Check. The thing is that this hijacker simply places links to these forms, and that is not a highly useful service. however, a powerful anti-spyware program can also make sure that all malicious files and registry entries created by the unwanted application are deleted from the system. That is why we recommend you not to use this search site – its search outcomes can lead you to dangerous web pages that may offer you to install “extremely useful” freeware, but keep in mind that such programs can be infectious sometimes. Do you understand exactly what kinds of settings would be modified? For example, by clicking on such a result you could find yourself on sites that are crafted in such a way that just entering them could be more than enough to get your PC infected with some unknown malware. This is so because at times it could present you with suspicious results.
Technically, It shows irrelevant search results, so we suggest using a reliable search engine instead of this one. It means that it can settle down on each of your web browsers and replace a default start page, search provider, and a new tab window. In addition, you will come across such directories as TheBrowser if you go to %LOCALAPPDATA% and/or %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Program. We have one piece of advice for those who have discovered Easy Email Check set on their browsers without permission – they need to install a security application after the deletion of this dubious search provider because a bunch of other browser hijackers which travel bundled with free applications exist, and they can secretly enter the computer and make changes again. If you want to escape the fate of getting hijacked by this minor malware, then follow our recommendations.
How did Easy Email Check hijack my system without my consent?
Just like many other potentially unwanted program, Easy Email Check is distributed together with free programs from the Internet. It is also possible that this program sets up scheduled tasks so that it will run in the background without your knowledge. If you are determined to do this on your own, you can follow the manual guide below. These options include, but typically do not reveal agreements to install “recommended programs” that were added to your download. Despite all the efforts to enter victim’s system seamlessly, this parasite can be stopped in a rather easy way.
Manual Easy Email Check Removal Instructions.
Delete Easy Email Check related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Easy Email Check.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Easy Email Check.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Easy Email Check.
Delete Easy Email Check from your browsers
Remove Easy Email Check from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Easy Email Check from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Easy Email Check from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.