How dangerous is Phobos?
At the time of research, Phobos (also known as PhobosRansomware) was unlikely to spread in the wild because it was not complete. According to the research of our malware analysts, the threat is set to corrupt files with .c, .jpg, .mp3, .mp4, .pdf, .png, .py, and .txt extensions. Ransomware infections act like that because they have only one purpose in mind – they seek to extort money from you. Needless to say, afterward all of the reordered data can be accessed by hackers. The goal for the creator of this malicious threat is to make you pay a ransom, but you must keep in mind that there are no guarantees that cyber crooks will hold their end of the deal. Learning more about such threats could help understand how they work and also avoid them in the future.Download Removal Toolto remove Phobos
Our research team is not 100% certain how Phobos spreads around, but there are several methods this malicious program may employ to reach you. you won’t be capable to launch any program (security programs included), open Task Manager or Safe Mode. Both of these encryption algorithms are very strong, and it is impossible to crack them. In this case, the malicious application does neither of the described tasks nor is it capable of encrypting user’s data. TeamViewer app on the compromised computer. Well, very easily.
HOW TO REMOVE ‘Phobos’?
Although we have not found instances where this Trojan was spread through social networking sites, you should know that Trojans can also be distributed through Facebook and Twitter among others. If you contact them using your work email or your main one, you are at risk of being exposed to scams. You would not be able to do that on your own without the decryption key. Most likely. It also deletes Shadow copies of files by carrying out the command cmd.exe /c vssadmin.exe Delete Shadows /All /Quiet.
Then, Phobos should replace user’s Desktop background with a picture titled as How to decrypt your files.jpg. To delete this infection completely, you need to delete the malicious file. Follow the instructions that we present below with care as a single mistake or a skipped step could lead to an incomplete removal. Such analysis is crucial because traces of this malicious application could be just enough to restore it silently. If you find this process too difficult, or simply cannot find any suspicious files downloaded recently, you should use an automatic malware Phobosr – download it from the web, install it on your PC, and launch it to scan your system fully.
Phobos Trojan. How to Phobos
To announce its presence, the ransomware creates a ransom note on your desktop. Unfortunately, we do not know how this ransomware is disseminated, but a powerful anti-malware program will keep your computer out of harm’s way by terminating unsanctioned actions such as secretly dropping malicious files. This is when most victims realize that they have to check out this text file. To close the screen message, you can simply click the “Decrypt files” button, without entering the correct decryption key. The good news is that you can get this password in a different way, and you do not need to spend a dime.
Manual Phobos Removal Instructions.
Delete Phobos related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Phobos.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Phobos.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Phobos.
Delete Phobos from your browsers
Remove Phobos from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Phobos from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Phobos from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.