Why should people not trust Search.hdocumentconverter.app search?
If your Mozilla Firefox ever starts opening a new website looking like an ordinary search provider – Search.hdocumentconverter.app (also known as Search.hdocumentconverter.app Virus), there is no doubt that a browser hijacker has entered your system, and, following a successful entrance, has changed the settings of your browser against your will. It is not breaking new grounds but is making its debut as just another parasite. Most of computer users claim that they did not set this website as their homepage, but it shows up on the main browser’s page every time they launch their Internet browser. Besides, it makes computer computer extremely slow and laggy. Needless to say, it is much easier to identify a piece of software that slithers in illegally as a malicious threat, but you should not identify it as harmless even if you have permitted its entrance. Since users’ browsers settings are modified, and they see suspicious pages opened for them every day, all these domains, including Search.hdocumentconverter.app, fall into the category of browser hijacker.
Once the program is installed to your browser, your default search provider will be changed to Fox News Customized Web Search. However, after a closer look it can be called useless software which will do its best to redirect victims to those web pages that promote various programs. This hijacker’s About us subpage states that “SearchMoose is a network specializing in Mac software distribution, from download to successful installation, and as such, offering a better way for you to reach the Mac software community.” For some reason this hijacker is known to affect Windows machines. One of the main reasons why it cannot be trusted is the fact that it provides users with sponsored links.
How does this PUP works?
In order to apply changes on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, the Search.hdocumentconverter.app browser hijacker makes several modifications after the infiltration on the computer, for example, the data of the Start Page Value in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main is modified, a line inside a file prefs.js belonging to Mozilla Firefox is changed, and, finally, three files of Google Chrome containing users’ preferences are slightly modified. For those who do not want to encounter such content, we would advise eliminating Search.hdocumentconverter.app. The developers of this rogue app use this ridiculous distribution technique in order to inject it into victims’ computers silently. You have to opt these additions out by choosing Advanced/Custom settings and deselecting each additional component.
What you can do to get rid of this application:
If you cannot remove Search.hdocumentconverter.app on your own, you should think about obtaining an automatic spyware and malware tool and assigning this task to it. However, if you did not know these rules before, or if you used to rely on Standard/Default installation modes, then you should remove Search.hdocumentconverter.app parasite. from each of your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer): If such options options come pre-selected, make sure you remove the ticks, otherwise, the changes may be made automatically. Keep your scanner up-to-date and it will serve you at the highest quality. search virus
Manual Search.hdocumentconverter.app Removal Instructions.
Delete Search.hdocumentconverter.app related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Search.hdocumentconverter.app.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Search.hdocumentconverter.app.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Search.hdocumentconverter.app.
Delete Search.hdocumentconverter.app from your browsers
Remove Search.hdocumentconverter.app from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Search.hdocumentconverter.app from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Search.hdocumentconverter.app from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.