Flare Search appears instead of my homepage. Why?
Flare Search is a very questionable search engine, which is spread with a help of programs that are often labeled as browser hijackers. It looks like the application might replace user’s default browser settings, for example, your homepage, search engine, or new tab page. It is available at Flare Search. What is the main task of this application? That’s why security experts have classified it as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Yes, it may sound harmless but
Flare Search is going to attempt to trick you with its appearance of a seemingly decent searching facility. If you know what we are talking about, you should know that this application has been actively spread using bundling what means that it can be easily downloaded in a bundle with freeware or shareware. This method is legitimate distribution technique but we believe that it’s just a matter of time. This seemingly irrelevant alteration will have a profoundly negative effect on the way surf the web. In this tutorial we will provide you with detailed instructions how to remove this browser hijacker either manually or automatically, so it’s completely up to you which removal method to choose.
Why shouldn’t you use this search engine:
However, that is not the end of the story yet. If your browsers were affected by it, you will notice changes in your browser settings. For that, follow the instructions that are provided below and scan you computer with a reputable anti-spyware in order to end the removal successfully. For that you should start monitoring installation of the freeware by selecting Custom or Advanced installation option. While on its own this browser hijacker would only be capable of rearranging browsers’ settings, with the assistance from advertisements, links, and redirection to third-party partners, this infection becomes a pressing matter, which should be addressed as soon as possible.
Despite how annoying the potentially unwanted programs may be, they are much less aggressive than other viruses. This browser hijacker might insert webpages from untrustworthy third-party sources, aimed to spread malware or extract personally-identifiable information. Flare Search will look like a genuine search provider, especially as it displays search results via Yahoo! It will not only remove Flare Search automatically, but also protect your system from similar infiltrations of potentially unwanted programs in future. Look for anything related to Flare Search or Freecause on a list of programs and click of Uninstall/Change button next to it. For example, the search tools associated with this hijacker can modify the data in the Preferences, Secure Preferences, and Web Data files associated with Google Chrome (%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\[Default/Profile]. The question is very easy to answer:
How to remove Flare Search Search virus?
It has been found that Flare Search hijacker employs Search Protect helper object, which blocks all users attempts to remove it or to replace it with another plug-in. In fact, it sends your keywords first to its own server, query.searchetan.com, and then to search.yahoo.com. Change search engine to google or other and delete Flare Search Usually, replacing your homepage is an optional change and you can refuse it if you deselect this option at one of the installation steps. You have to opt out these suggestions and install only the preferred app. Also, it might be better to use the antimalware tool if you want to clean the system from more threats. Then
Manual Flare Search Removal Instructions.
Delete Flare Search related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Flare Search.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Flare Search.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Flare Search.
Delete Flare Search from your browsers
Remove Flare Search from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Flare Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Flare Search from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.