HORSELIKER ransomware analysis:
HORSELIKER is typical scam: According to the latest news, this virus is mainly designed for Russian-speaking PC users but we have already received several complaints from people who live in other world’s countries. You may have heard of such notorious programs as Locky virus, CryptoLocker and CryptoWall, which have already infected hundreds of thousands of computers all across the world. Do not download or buy HORSELIKER, if you have it – remove it and block it’s domain using your HOSTS file. When infected with HORSELIKER, you will also be informed that your computer is now on a Black List of this anti-piracy organization and it will be here until you pay 200 dollars or euros through Moneypak prepayment system.
It is quite easy to recognize ransomware HORSELIKER If computer gets attacked by it, you will simply won’t be able to open your personal files, and you will also find notes from cyber criminals dropped on folders that hold the infected records. It can take over Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari web browsers without any difficulties right after you open spam or click on the It can also be attached in your spam emails or you can be convinced to download it as a useful software. In fact, the .HORSELIKER file extension that the virus adds to the infected files may remain intact even after the supposed file decryption is carried out. Here’s what this ransomware virus claims once it gets inside the system: Here’s how it looks:
HORSELIKER prevention kit:
As you see the message tells you to make a payment using Ukash or PaySafeCard payment systems saying that it is the easiest way to do that. HORSELIKER Police HORSELIKER, you may find that you are blocked from getting on the Internet and that’s the most important thing because you won’t be capapble to download anti-malware program and remove infected files from the system. Note that governmental institutions do not use such payment methods for collecting their fines. That’s why you should download Chrome web browser only from official sources. So, as you can see, this encrypter is not named after the extension as many of ransomwares are, for example, 8lock8 ransomware, etc. So there is no 100% method you can use to protect your data. The message usually sounds like that:
Remove HORSELIKER once you detect its traces on your system. This is clearly just a manipulation to make you pay faster and win some time. Anti-Malware Tool and running a full system scan with it. 1.5 of bit coins equals about $505 (please notice that this rate can vary). This virus has already destroyed your files! At the bottom of this screen there is a one hour countdown timer, which counts the time until your files are deleted. Also, do not hesitate to send us a message if you are encountering troubles related to the elimination of this HORSELIKER It finds and deletes all malicious files related to this threat.
HORSELIKER removal steps
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. Then, run MSConfig and disable the startup entry related to these executables. If you do it soon enough, you might stop the encryption process and save some of your data. Contact your ISP for details. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program. Do not open letters and their attachments that automatically fall into Spam or Junk folders. If these viruses are ceased You should also bear in mind that ransomware viruses should be eliminated.
Manual HORSELIKER Removal Instructions.
Delete HORSELIKER related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall HORSELIKER.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove HORSELIKER.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall HORSELIKER.
Delete HORSELIKER from your browsers
Remove HORSELIKER from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove HORSELIKER from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove HORSELIKER from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.