What is Smashapps.net hijack?
Smashapps.net is a browser hijacker that is promoted via free downloads. If you already see the changes applied by the Smashapps.net browser hijacker, i.e. Once installed onto your computer, it suggests changing your homepage to search.conduit.com and your default search provider to Smashapps.net Customized Web Search, which is why it is impossible not to notice its presence. These are all the type of sports included in the olympics. Besides this allusion to the Olympic Games, Smashapps.net imitates the colors of the logo of Google, which paint the background of the icons of these athletes. This program may also cause continuous redirections to search.Smashapps.net, display commercial ads and slow down the system. Forsooth, these search results hold hyperlinks that do not redirect users to result-related sites, but they cause Smashapps.net redirects to third-party websites.Download Removal Toolto remove Smashapps.net
Our specialists noticed that after you insert a keyword and start the search, this application redirects results from Smashapps.net through extsearch.maxwebsearch.com and eventually to modified Yahoo search results. It tends to change search results and tries to install some malicious software that can lead to stealing money from you. Despite all nice promises, pay attention that the program mostly gets to computers using unfair methods and for this reason it is listed as an unwanted application. The case of the Smashapps.net is one of them, and, if you have no intention of using the toolbar and browsing the Internet through Ask.com, remove the unwanted application and search engine from your browsers. it may display irrelevant search results. It has been found that this search engine collects various details about users and might redirect them to bad third-party websites promoting malicious applications. In addition, you should never accept offers to set Smashapps.net as a default search engine or a homepage.
Am I able to prevent hijack of this search site?
Do not ignore Smashapps.net redirects because you may inadvertently install another PUP, adware or malware on your computer. Smashapps.net toolbar is one of the examples. Beware that you can download it together with freeware and shareware as an optional component, so you should always monitor installation of such programs. You should look for ‘Make Websearch.Smashapps.net.com your start page’ and similar sentence. for this reason, we recommend you to consider removing Smashapps.net potentially unwanted program (PUP) from your computer. The biggest problem is that this search engine is sponsored by third parties, what means that it may display sponsored search results and lots of pop-up ads.
It is very likely that in Control Panel you will not find the uninstall entry of the application that generates Smashapps.net pop-ups, which is why you should implement a powerful spyware removal tool that can remove Smashapps.net, Reading Fanatic, and many other computer threats. Keep in mind that it is important to delete every single bit of this browser hijacker. Due to these visits, a drive-by download can occur and infect you with a malicious program. The website features some useful links and features a clean design, which might pass on as Google.com, because all searches are redirected to it. Apparently, it redirects all search queries to a customized Yahoo.com search engine which is configured to show promotional links supplied by Imali Media’s clients.
How this browser hijacker manages to settle down on Firefox, IE, and Chrome?
Your biggest security concern is that this browser hijacker could be exploited by cyber criminals. It is also possible that you open multiple tabs of fake and malicious pages. Therefore, if you tend to install new programs quickly, you may not notice where the agreements to install additional apps are hidden. So, as a result, some of the commercial links on the results list would be related to your likes and preferences. We recommend that you never search the web through unknown search engine pages such as this one.
Manual Smashapps.net Removal Instructions.
Delete Smashapps.net related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Smashapps.net.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Smashapps.net.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Smashapps.net.
Delete Smashapps.net from your browsers
Remove Smashapps.net from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Smashapps.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Smashapps.net from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.