The way how you can get infected with GANDCRAB:
Being a trojan, GANDCRAB sometimes acts like a virus. This parasite may be considered as very dangerous infection, because it has the ability to download and install other malicious files or fake programs. The purpose of this parasite is the same as that of any other Zlob: You might wonder why this program acts like this; • Hides from the user Furthermore, it can secretly download from the Internet and install malicious parasites to the infected system. By clicking false warning message, user is redirecting to web site of Malware makers.
GANDCRAB causes system slowdown or it can even completely lock you computer in case it infiltrates one of the Ukash viruses. Apparently, reports are saying GANDCRAB travels with infected setup files of tools designed for software cracking. You might see a different extension (“pluss.executioner”) appended to all .txt files. Of course, there might be hundreds of infected websites that have also been involved to its distribution, so you should be very careful when browsing the web. If you are an avid social network user, you might feel inclined to open and download everything these sites have to offer.
How can this Trojan horse get inside your computer?
It is not known which encryption method the devious GANDCRAB employs, but it is known that the “.GANDCRAB” extension is appended to the files once they are encrypted. For that, you should rely only on a reputable anti-spyware program, such as This clandestine threat can also assist the installation of additional malware. When you open this file – and that is completely safe to do – you are provided with an email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) using which you are expected to contact the creator of GANDCRAB. ==SOLUTION OF THE PROBLEM==GANDCRAB==.Black_OFFserve” extension to the original extension of your encrypted files. This document is apparently a ransom note since it contains the information on what to do to get your files back. .Fuck_You, and, consequently, decrypt files users have to pay 50 dollars in Bitcoins and then write an email to email@example.com.
They can appear to be totally authentic, for example. Then comes the scary warning message or ransom note on your desktop. The only file this infection creates on your system is the ransom note named “READ_ME.txt.” This file is created on your desktop so that you do not miss it when you want to figure out what has just happened and why you cannot access your files anymore. In the section “Response Code”, type 642358497351 and proceed to the next step. If you manage to decrypt your files, you cannot forget to delete this infection either.
How to remove GANDCRAB.49?
Given there is a way to decrypt all data for free, we would recommend replacing the picture and erasing the threat right away. If you happen to have copies of your affected files, you can simply GANDCRAB from your computer, delete the zip file, and then transfer the healthy files back. The emails might pose as legitimate tax return forms, invoices, and so on and it can be difficult to catch on to the deception on the part of the developer. You can send up to 3 files to these crooks as a proof that they can actually decrypt them. Our research has revealed that GANDCRAB drops its executable file named Videoplugin.exe in %APPDATA%\Drive Manager Support.Download Removal Toolto remove GANDCRAB
Manual GANDCRAB Removal Instructions.
Delete GANDCRAB related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall GANDCRAB.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove GANDCRAB.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall GANDCRAB.
Delete GANDCRAB from your browsers
Remove GANDCRAB from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove GANDCRAB from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove GANDCRAB from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.