What is Hide My Searches and why my previous homepage is gone?
Hide My Searches may be used for displaying third-party advertisements. Unfortunately, it is not as innocent as it looks. Once it is fully operating on your PC, it will trigger changes to web browser’s default settings whether you like it or not. If you read our article, you will see that it is rather risky to keep such a search engine in your browsers, not to mention all the other infections and the exposure these can create by displaying third-party ads, for example. If it arrived bundled with freeware, it is the additional applications you actually should be worried about. Thus, you should install programs that are reputable and save to you. Although we do not claim that this search page is a dangerous and direct threat to your system, we do believe that you should Hide My Searches by deleting the browser extension that is responsible for this useless search engine.Download Removal Toolto remove Hide My Searches
Hide My Searches can be installed from www(dot)Hide My Searches(dot)com and other download sites that are offering it and other programs for free. The distinguishable trait of their browser hijackers is that each of them offers access to specific sort of websites. It can affect almost all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. This way users who do not pay enough attention to the installation process of free The results you may receive when using this search website are going to be slightly modified – it means that some of them can include hyperlinks that can automatically redirect you to websites that are not related to your search query. As can be seen, it might be really risky to search for the information using an untrustworthy search provider. Never click the ‘next’ button without reading the whole notification because you may easily end up installing Hide My Searches redirect virus.
How did this virus infect your computer?
You can install Hide My Searches toolbar either voluntary or not. The point is that you should be able to avoid such intruders if you were more careful when you download freeware applications. As you might have guessed, the ads are of 3rd party. to make sure that your computer is free of viruses. Remember that having updated versions of these programs will also protect you computer against malware infection in future. Of course, this is not the end. Therefore, the sooner you remove Hide My Searches, the better. This is why we recommend getting rid of this PUP and consider using a reliable and well-known search engine instead.
After the software settles on the system, it might set Hide My Searches as your default search engine, new tab page or homepage. Control Panel -> In order to check that and remove each of them, you should follow these steps: from each of your web browsers with the help of two different methods. Once the NowUSeelt Player settles down in your computer system, the program will make Hide My Searches redirect a very important part of your browser. Our specialists have managed to find out that ask.com might provide users with sponsored content if it has been set the moment Hide My Searches Toolbar has been installed on the system.
How can you get rid of Hide My Searches?
If you have faced some difficulties during the removal, feel free to ask us for help in the comments section below. Firstly, you can get rid of it manually by deleting the hijacker’s extension from affected browser. All in all, this application and its search engine are no good, so you should consider removing them. The manual Hide My Searches removal guide is given on page 2. If you see any option offering to replace your current homepage with Hide My Searches or another unknown page, refuse it.
Manual Hide My Searches Removal Instructions.
Delete Hide My Searches related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Hide My Searches.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove Hide My Searches.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall Hide My Searches.
Delete Hide My Searches from your browsers
Remove Hide My Searches from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove Hide My Searches from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove Hide My Searches from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.