All you need to know about SearchMine.net
SearchMine.net does not live up to the expectations. However, the services proposed must have the prerequisite quality and be completely free off any ulterior motives. As it seems, the search engine works only on the Google Chrome browser, so other browser users are safe at the moment. If you do not know what or how damaging this potentially unwanted application might be, then we will explain you more about it. According to its publisher, SearchMine.net returns optimized search queries. What is more, this malware Obviously, if a Trojan is active, you need to take care of its removal as well.
The main official channel for you to install this PUP directly is the Chrome web store at chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/SearchMine.net-search/ahapolbjepiikihiljlbmgplafaopokl. If you want to refuse installing additional programs that come bundled with free software, you should always opt for custom installation and avoid installing any unknown applications that come additionally. It is very popular among third party distributors to add such programs to freeware downloads and promote their products this way. Soon you start to notice more strange things going on when you use this browser extension. SearchMine.net provides numerous sponsored websites at your search results and tries to redirect you to commercial pages too.
How does the fake version function?
If you care about your cyber-safety, you should terminate SearchMine.net browser hijacker from your computer with no delay. If you have decided to remove SearchMine.net from your machine, you may find some difficulties with that because you won’t be capable to find this program on Add/Remove programs list. And when you perform web searches, you are displayed the websites below the brand of Google, even though the address field is still occupied with SearchMine.net. In this case, we have been uisng updated version of Anti-Malware Tool. At the moment of writing, it is promoted by Ask Social Toolbar, But this is also the step that most users overlook and ignore; This is why it is same important to choose reliable sources from where you could receive trustworthy installers.
Simply download reliable anti-halwa application, such as Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool, install it on your computer and then run a full scan of all files stored on your hard drive. Remove this hijacker before it starts causing suspicious redirects and other inconveniences. Luckily, our team of experts has already analyzed the virus and came up with the best removal technique. Keep in mind that these options do not allow you to change or opt out unwanted software components, which means additional PUPs will be installed without even notifying you. It is clear that you have to remove it as soon as possible and use a reliable search provider.
Recommendations on the SearchMine.net removal:
We have prepared a comprehensive guide on how the unwanted toolbar should be SearchMine.netd. This is an interesting development because we have not previously encountered a browser hijacker released by this particular developer, and perhaps this is a one-off case. Sites featuring external links, unsupervised third-party material can be unknowingly spreading misleading and often detrimental content. If, however, did not notice the checkbox and installed it on your PC then follow the instructions on how to get rid of it. Always choose Custom installation mode and follow every step by reading the text carefully. However, if you decide to remove SearchMine.net virus from your device manually, we recommend using instructions provided below.
Manual SearchMine.net Removal Instructions.
Delete SearchMine.net related applications
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall SearchMine.net.
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and remove SearchMine.net.
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Click Windows key + R simultaneously and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application and uninstall SearchMine.net.
Delete SearchMine.net from your browsers
Remove SearchMine.net from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose Gear icon.
- Open Manage add-ons and delete the undesirable extensons.
- Click Gear icon again and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Click Gear icon one more time and access Internet Options.
- Move to the Advanced tab and select Reset.
- Mark the box and tap Reset again.
Remove SearchMine.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Start your browser and open the menu.
- Seletc Add-ons and navigate to the Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extensions from the list.
- At the same time click Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting information and tap Reset.
- When the new dialog box appears, tap Reset again.
Remove SearchMine.net from Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and open the menu.
- Choose Tools and go to Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and tap Trash icon next to it.
- Access menu again and move to Settings.
- Click Manage Search engines under Search and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new search tool.
- Open Settings and Click Show Advanced settings.
- Tap Reset browser settings and then tap Reset one more time to confirm your action.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.